I know, not another feeding question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Komodo

Aquarium Advice Activist
I know, not another feeding question but this is more a scenario. I pinch some flakes of fish food and put it in the water. The fish eat it so fast that nothing makes it to the bottom. I do this four times with the same results. I’m sure I can do this for another two or three times, I don’t want to starve the fish, but I don't want to poison the water.

I've had the Cichlids for only six days so the water still needs to be carefully monitored.

Am I doing it right?

as long as all food is gone in 1-2 minutes you should be fine. What type of cichlids? Many cichlids do better on pellets. I do a mix of pellets and flakes and then frozen food every few days.

as long as all food is gone in 1-2 minutes you should be fine. What type of cichlids? Many cichlids do better on pellets. I do a mix of pellets and flakes and then frozen food every few days.

Their African Malawi Cichlids, but their babies so for now I’m feeding them flakes.

Their African Malawi Cichlids, but their babies so for now I’m feeding them flakes.
For fry and juveniles a lot of people like to feed their fish 4 - 5 times a day and do many many water changes to compensate. This will help boost their growth more than one feeding a day.

I use an eheim automatic fish feeder so the fish eat even while I am away at work. They get fed 8 times a day in total.

Back
Top Bottom