I know what you'll say, but opinions please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bunebop

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, I have had crazy problems w/ cycling my 50 gallon. I finally have the nitrites to 0 ppm, ammonia's about 0.5 ppm, nitrate about 20-30 ppm... if I do a really big water change can I add my pleco and cory cats to it? They've been in a 10 gallon and really need something bigger... so I really want to do this, but I don't want to kill them. If I do that will they live and everything?

they cant wait like a week?. id just wait like a week unless its urgent. if your putting them in tomorrow just make sure the ammonia stays in safe proportions

The ammonia needs to go down. That would be quite a shot to the fish to go from 0 ammonia ppm to .5 ppm, there will be problems. Try 25% changes every other day and see if the ammonia goes away.

I checked it this morning and it's between 0-.25, so I'll wait till tonight, hopefully the rest will be gone. I'm leaving saturday for over a month, so I'm trying to get all the fish into the tanks I want them in before I leave since my mom has no idea what to do w/ em to begin with...

Is your mom going to be able to do water changes? With a new tank, even if cycled, there is a lot to watch for. A tank isn't fully established until 6 month.

Yes, I've ordered her and my brother to do at least 10% water changes a couple times a week... if they don't I'll be very not happy when I get home, especially since 2 of the tanks are only recently set up.

Back
Top Bottom