I made a video yayy!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's insane

They're the coolest fish, i can see their tank from my couch and she catches my eye all the time while I'm watching tv, their mating habits are borderline illegal.. my last female jumped ship one night, the male is unrelenting in his pursuit of baby making..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Congrats on the video. Those tanks are absolutely beautiful. I love the plants and hope one day o have a planted tank half as nice as those.
I also love the tall grass as well as the plant in the 2nd from the last tank on the far right.
Thanks for sharing!

Congrats on the video. Those tanks are absolutely beautiful. I love the plants and hope one day o have a planted tank half as nice as those.
I also love the tall grass as well as the plant in the 2nd from the last tank on the far right.
Thanks for sharing!

Thanks man! The blyxa japonica?

Man.. if you'd gone through 4 melts to get a tight star patch?? It's just the calm before the storm..
Angela- yes blyxa, doing a major trim tommorow, pm me, cover shipping and youve got a bunch!
Thanks dudes! Its been a lot of work to get them half way decent, I've never just posted a video of everything up.close.. almost left out the small.tank due to major algae on the back wall.. no one noticed though right ?#?!

Sorry going off topic, do you sell low tech plants? My LFS sells a select few and they're SUPER expensive...:(

Sorry going off topic, do you sell low tech plants? My LFS sells a select few and they're SUPER expensive...:(

Not really, what s your setup like?

Not really, what s your setup like?

I have a 20g long that i've done nothing with yet. need to buy all the supplies still. Was just searching around for people who want to give plants away or at least sell them cheap. I'm only 15 so money doesn't come easy for me right now... I want to do low tech so that i don't have to buy an expensive co2 system and I don't necessarily want to make one (DIY) either. (Even though i have everything to make it.)
edit~ I have a 10g with a bunch of random plants that will probably melt soon because of the lack of co2 (pretty sure most of them are high light) I'm retiring it once I set up my 20g so I'm not too worried about what happens to it. However, I do have a kuhli loach in there so I'm doing water changes and testing it. I also have a nano that's running water but nothing's in yet. No decor/gravel, just water. Don't know exactly what I'm doing with that either. I type too much..... :/

20t.

Cool I have been wanting to do that same stock. I have everything except tank and light. Looks like I'm running over to pet supply plus for a tank.

I've got some plants for them to hide in. Any suggestions for fash fish that can make it in a small (5 gallon) tank? Thanks for being so quick & helpful!

You have a 33l!!! I'd do a 20l over tall if I had it to do again..

You have a 33l!!! I'd do a 20l over tall if I had it to do again..

Its a space thing I have a perfect spot in the bedroom 27" wall between closet door and bedroom door and there is an outlet on that wall.

Its a space thing I have a perfect spot in the bedroom 27" wall between closet door and bedroom door and there is an outlet on that wall.

Gotcha!

Went and got the pets supply plus card but will pick up the tank tomorrow after work. The wind and snow is crazy right now so I will be hitting you up with a bunch of Q'S soon. I wont do it here. I'll start a new thread for it.

Went and got the pets supply plus card but will pick up the tank tomorrow after work. The wind and snow is crazy right now so I will be hitting you up with a bunch of Q'S soon. I wont do it here. I'll start a new thread for it.

Awesome man!! Can't wait for the build!

Wow, Brookster - lotta tanks! :) Really nice fish room & gorgeous planted tanks. I like your hardscaped one, too. In one there is a black piece of submerged equipment on the left that looks like a stubby hair dryer - what is that?

That would be a power head, creates additional flow. Thanks for checking them out!

Hello 15! :flowers: I barely remember, lol.
I found an online seller Alpha Pro Breeders that I'm not saying you will have the ability to buy from without your parents, but you can read through their plants and make notes of the ones they describe as low-tech / CO2 not needed, and the lighting conditions / difficulty. That way you can spend any money you have with confidence. The customer reviews are mostly very high marks. Can't wait to get the 7 low-tech, low-med light plants I ordered. Good luck!

Brookster, where did you get your GBRs? They're awesome

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Brookster, where did you get your GBRs? They're awesome

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Male is locally bred,.he's a stud. Female is wild caught, shes barely hanging on..

Back
Top Bottom