I made a video yayy!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congrats! And those tanks are gorgeous. ?

Caleb

Might have a slight obsession with my fish

The tanks look great! I have to ask though the taller grass looking stuff in one of the tanks towards the middle left... Is it a type of sag? Or a Val??

I took a screen shot (sorry not trying to be a creeper)
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422063879.438936.jpg

The screenshot came out a little blurry but at least hopefully you will know which plants I mean

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Very very nice tanks, fish and plants!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Angela - That's Blyxa (tall grass like plant).
Nigel - far right corner is Pogostemon erectus.
Brookster - It's been mentioned before...I think we all have the same plants. Just different "interpretations" of how they grown/displayed. Hating my stars and AR mini after watching this.

Angela - That's Blyxa (tall grass like plant).
Nigel - far right corner is Pogostemon erectus.
Brookster - It's been mentioned before...I think we all have the same plants. Just different "interpretations" of how they grown/displayed. Hating my stars and AR mini after watching this.

Man.. if you'd gone through 4 melts to get a tight star patch?? It's just the calm before the storm..
Angela- yes blyxa, doing a major trim tommorow, pm me, cover shipping and youve got a bunch!
Thanks dudes! Its been a lot of work to get them half way decent, I've never just posted a video of everything up.close.. almost left out the small.tank due to major algae on the back wall.. no one noticed though right ?#?!
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I saw the algae. I said "Dayum, look at that algae!" I figure you were growing it for the Otos.
I did trim off the algae covered older leaves on the AR mini (seems to comes standard with the plant)and pulled up all the Downoi, separated and replanted after watching this. About to hack down the pogo.
Your dwarf cichlids are camera friendly.

Check it out AA! A little walk through of my tanks and a close up at the end:)
Step into my freezer: http://youtu.be/6wjAbkxoVVQ

The music fish people put on their videos! There's either metal, a guitar solo or a piano being tuned. ;)
Awesome tanks! Especially love the one with the CPD's, they look great!

The music fish people put on their videos! There's either metal, a guitar solo or a piano being tuned. ;)
Awesome tanks! Especially love the one with the CPD's, they look great!

Haha.. you should see the rams when I throw on some Pantera;)

Great Video Brookster! Just wondering how often you have to top off between water changes with sporting the topless look? With glass tops its so dry here I have to top the weekly ones at about 3 days.

Great Video Brookster! Just wondering how often you have to top off between water changes with sporting the topless look? With glass tops its so dry here I have to top the weekly ones at about 3 days.

Thanks Mike! I lose about an inch every 3 days in the 20 and 30. 1/2" in the 5.5 ever few days. The 20 long has a very tight glass top and that barely loses any, no tops offs needed.

Thanks Mike! I lose about an inch every 3 days in the 20 and 30. 1/2" in the 5.5 ever few days. The 20 long has a very tight glass top and that barely loses any, no tops offs needed.

The splashy noise drives me crazy.....LOL so as soon as I hear it its top off time, I subscribed to your channel.

The splashy noise drives me crazy.....LOL so as soon as I hear it its top off time, I subscribed to your channel.

I run the hobs on half flow so it never gets to loud, the skimmers remind me sometimes, actually my gf does.. "your stupid things are making that noise again"
I have a channel?? Anything good on?

Ya do now! And I actually like the algae on the back glass better than the regular backgrounds.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ya do now! And I actually like the algae on the back glass better than the regular backgrounds.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Its only really an issue in that tank, I'd have scraped it if it crept onto the plants but it hasnt, the amano shrimp are always grazing, same with otos, they're nice and fat in that tank.. it does actually look ok considering.. not in the others though.. just that one:)

Needs more hornwort.

Good stuff though! Thanks for the walkthrough.

Haha, i chucked it, found some in my soup! ..got inspired, i stood back and thought.. they actually don't look horrible right now.. I need evidence!

Back
Top Bottom