I need help with a cory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sabrinarichard

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I just got some Corys, long story short he got his fin caught in the net, tried to pull him out gently but it was really stuck, I cut the net.. He now has a small piece of net stuck to his fin, he can swim but doesn't that much :-( what should I do ???

As long as he can move maybe it will fall off by itself. If you are really worried you could try to remove it again.

I would try again because it may have loosened up on its own to the point you can remove it.

Would the clove oil trick sedate him so the net could be removed?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I'll try as soon as I get back home.. I wouldn't want to have to sedate him right away.. :/ my boyfriend says he swims well.. If he's not swimming he's relaxed on a leaf.. I'm so stressed poor thing it was really stuck! I had no clue the had prickly fins they are my first :/ I did all the other transfers by hand :-( poir baby

ugh..
If its in water then its probably going to keep wiggling around, trying to get away.
Id put some plastic wrap on a table and try to gently but firmly pin it down between a couple fingers. I don't think Corys have a slime coat, but have your fingers wet anyways.
Then use some tweezers to try to get it off. Or, if you have some small yet sharp scissors and youre feeling confident in your scissoring abilities you could try to cut it some more.

Its not going to be happy with you during and for a bit afterwards, but better than having netting stuck to it.

it could also potentially kill him if I remember right....

I meant the clove oil. It's also a way to euthanize fish, so be careful if you use that.
I would second conyne and just pin him down and try to tug it off his barbel gently. The whole fact that it got stuck is crazy, I net my cory's and have never had a problem >_<

:/ it REALLY stuck on there.. I tried to tug yesterday and there's nothing to do... Left it for the night and I'm going to borrow a scalpel at work today... Poor thing..

Back
Top Bottom