I really want a new fish but what?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tanz8anz

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 180Litre tank cyrrently stocked with 4 angels 6 barbs 2 kirbs and 2 bristlenoses one of the bristlenoses is quite small..

What would make a nice addition.. i would really like something active. I really want a red tip shark but am option to suggestions

Sent from my LG-E460f using Aquarium Advice mobile app

And it's overstocked as is in a 47 gallon or 180l you shouldn't have 4 angelfish with that many barbs and kribs. I would suggest rehoming one of the Plecos and 2 angelfish.

I have been told stocking is fine but no more fish for the top half of the tank/?

Well you can believe what you like I'm just saying expect fighting soon and the angels will take over 4 is to many for a 91cm tank. What type of barbs are they? I honestly wouldn't add anything until you rehome at least 2 angels.

Well you can believe what you like I'm just saying expect fighting soon and the angels will take over 4 is to many for a 91cm tank. What type of barbs are they? I honestly wouldn't add anything until you rehome at least 2 angels.

Listen to the man.

I know but it's true you are very overstocked what type of barb is it? The 4 angels alone at full size overstock the tank.

Gah! I hate finding out I'm overstocked! It's too bad angel fish are so territorial :( On the plus side, at least now you know and you can prevent them from hurting each other.

Gah! I hate finding out I'm overstocked! It's too bad angel fish are so territorial :( On the plus side, at least now you know and you can prevent them from hurting each other.

See these situations I see as a plus! It's an excuse for me to buy a bigger tank but all in all if you can't buy a bigger tank, josh7 is 100% right

One of our angels is a decrnt size hes our oldest fish and we havrle 3 little ones they arent all that territorial they r very playful.
We have 2 tiger barbs 2 green barbs and 2 emerald green barbs

One of our angels is a decrnt size hes our oldest fish and we havrle 3 little ones they arent all that territorial they r very playful.
We have 2 tiger barbs 2 green barbs and 2 emerald green barbs

What are you seeing that you consider playful?

Well i have been told its playful they swim around and.when.u come to the tank they will comes screaming at great speed to.the front of the tank and scruy back and forth and will follow your finger and oddly enough chase flys which i find quite entertaining to watch considering the flys r on the outside.. although they have decided they like the food for the bristlenoses and kirbs that i put down but the bigger of the bristlenoses wont tolerate her food being eaten by any other fish not even the kirbs

Yay for a bigger tank! I love when fish finger follow, even though they are playful now, when they reach maturity/big (or sooner) they will most likely get territorial. There are always those weird outliers though. ;)

We did have only 2 and they were not fully grown but big and the bigger of the 2 the gold one was a bully towards the black one which i still have the gold one died unfortuneatly.. but even.the black one.who is the biggest hes the most playful wen it comes to finger following and.the chasing of the flys he also tends to chase off the kirbs if they get a bit stroppy with.the smaller fish... the fish themselves r so happy it shocks me the tank is overstocked.. well the kirbs r stroppy and quite often.chase the other fish but thats them if the other fish stay away they keep to themselves

I was considering rehoming our gold one cause it was such a bully and would corner the black into the tightest of corner but it was suggested for me not to and then it died

Back
Top Bottom