ich.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquabeast

Aquarium Advice FINatic
well, my 55 gallon seems to have come down with ich. i really dont know how i couldve gotten it.. i keep up on pwcs and i havent added any fish for a while. last night, i raised the temps to 92 degrees.. i was afraid it was a little high, but all my fish seem ok, theyre prolly stressed out, but is there anything else i can do? besides medications and salt? i noticed the salt like spots on my silver dollars about 4 or 5 days ago.. ive fought ich before with heat with success..

92 seems a little high...

Run an airstone to help with oxygenation, and do PWCs. I would try that before any meds.

Heat and salt or meds are really all you can do. IME Quick Cure has worked 100% of the time with no fish loss. You do need to run the course of any treatment about 10 days beyond the spots going away to make sure you've broken the ick's lifecycle.

im running my powerhead and did a 40% water change.. this heater is crappy. its about up to 94 now.. i turned it down a bit.

Back
Top Bottom