ich questions and concerns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristenmarie211

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've been treating my tank for ich for 6 days. I changed the water before the first treatment (30%) and then again two days later I changed out 30 %. Then I waited 4 days before changing it again because I was so busy (this time 40–50 %). I have been using quick cure and removed filter with carbon and replaced it with polyester filling until treatment is over. Today when I changed out the water, I found my pleco dead in the tank. Probably been like that for a day based on the look of him. Can anyone give me advice, pointers on treatment, etc? The pleco seemed fine yesterday. I did notice brown sludge in filter and cleaned it really well before putting it back in. Other fish seem fine. I had a molly not doing so well but he seemed to have improved over the last few days. Oh and my aquarium temp has been set to 82

I've been treating my tank for ich for 6 days. I changed the water before the first treatment (30%) and then again two days later I changed out 30 %. Then I waited 4 days before changing it again because I was so busy (this time 40–50 %). I have been using quick cure and removed filter with carbon and replaced it with polyester filling until treatment is over. Today when I changed out the water, I found my pleco dead in the tank. Probably been like that for a day based on the look of him. Can anyone give me advice, pointers on treatment, etc? The pleco seemed fine yesterday. I did notice brown sludge in filter and cleaned it really well before putting it back in. Other fish seem fine. I had a molly not doing so well but he seemed to have improved over the last few days. Oh and my aquarium temp has been set to 82

I'd raise the temp to 86 but before can you give us a list of your stock and your tank parameters.

http://www.aquahobby.com/articles/e_ich2.php

Getting ready to take my water to have it tested for parameters

Back
Top Bottom