ID if you can!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bectan01

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all, I would have post this in the freshwater section but there doesn't seem to be a place for it? My friend found this crazy thing in his freshwater tank. Any ideas? (I know a few of you keep fresh too) It was above the waterline...

Attachments

• image-301636516.jpg
    image-301636516.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 113
If your friend have mystery snails or apple snails in their tank, that's their eggs.

Unless u want hundreds of mystery slimey snails keep those out of ur tank!!!

they're so cute when they hatch though :) I'd keep em. You can always sell them when they grow up. provided the eggs are actually fertile...

Just had one clutch hatch last night (got about 45 survivors) and I have four more(clutches) in the tank. I will leave them there and let them(snails) fall into the tank, then when big enough sell or disperse into my 4 tanks. This is the first of 5 clutches that hatched in 5 months.

Definitely snails and there really will be a ton. I had one batch hatch and now I remove the eggs from now on. There are to many to have in just a couple tanks. They are super cute when little though.

Also if they get wet it will kill the outer layer of eggs the inside will still hatch though. At least in my experience.

Back
Top Bottom