Ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clb33

Aquarium Advice Activist
I’m looking for opinions on what could be wrong with my male... he will not eat and is breathing heavier. He is in a 55 gal with 2 angel fish, 1 Festivum, one female Taeniatus moliwe and 4 bn plecos. No tankmates are showing signs. Any help would be great! I have tired a 30-40% WC and have added aquarium salt to see if that would help. Temp is at about 82 degrees F. Thanks in advance!

male what? also no need to start multiple threads about the same issue. it will actually make it harder to get an answer. just be patient and someone will answer you.

He is a Pelvicachromis Taeniatus “moliwe”

82 is a bit warm for the kribs.
I breed the Pelvicachromis Moliwe and the females are viscous !
I have one that has killed a couple larger mates .
I don't think salt is real good idea for the fish you have ,but I don't think salt should be used in FW tanks that people say are ok anyways..SA fish don't ever get exposure to salt in their environment ever....

I have the male separated and he still continues to breath heavy and not eating. With adding salt it seemed to calm his gaspig-opening his mouth less/normally again but it was short lived... could it be a parasite or something? Anything you’d suggest i try to help him

Unfortunately he didn’t make it over the weekend, all other fish seem to be healthy and happy. Is it possible it was just a bad fish?

I have lost several of my male kribs untimely in compare to my females ?
Hard to say what is the cause . I know my female whipped at least one of them .
Let me know if you need a replacement as I have plenty and list them on aquabid.

I am thinking of getting another male to replace the one I lost. I was going to check the LFS I bought them from as he still had quite a few when I got the female.

Coralbandit what would you charge for a single male?

Back
Top Bottom