Identify african cichlids please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gordo124

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought these two african cichlids from petsmart from the section that says "assorted african cichlids".... So i dont know their actual names...

image-1122495397.jpg

image-345242959.jpg

image-2641081198.jpg

image-3878957866.jpg

image-293806939.jpg

The white one looks like albino red zebra, notice the red eyes, sign of albinism. The other almost looks like a yellow lab or a kenyi because of the vertical stripes but not positive.

Thank you guys .... Sadly i came back from school and found the yellow lab dead because of the other cichlids ...):

Thank you guys .... Sadly i came back from school and found the yellow lab dead because of the other cichlids ...):

How do you know it was because of the others? Have you tested your water? The other fish will eat the dead fish, but they might not have necessarily killed it.

MikeWidd said:
How do you know it was because of the others? Have you tested your water? The other fish will eat the dead fish, but they might not have necessarily killed it.

Well i have some convict cichlids that are taking care of their young and i put a divider to block fish getting in and out .... My Lab somehow crossed over and was attacked by the cichlids...

I had to separate my Convicts as well. I put 3 convicts in with 5 Brichardi and they seem to co exist. My Brichardi are as mean or meaner. I have 5 but they are split into pairs of 3 and 2 and They don't like each other either. 2 have one end 3 have the other and the Convicts are in the middle of a 55 gallon tank.

Having breeding convicts in a tank with other fish is basically a death sentence for the other fish. The become even meaner (if that seems possible) than they already are.

Back
Top Bottom