If you had 3 ten gallons.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco11771

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I have 3 ten gallons all with HOB filters and heaters. Besides some of our super breeders/keepers on here like Severum Mama hehe what would you do with them?

I would trade them in for something larger!!! LOL

Good morning...

jlk is "right on the money"! I might put plants in those cramped conditions, but would never, ever condemn even the smallest fish or any other creature to such small living conditions. It would be like trying to go through life in a small bathroom.

B

I have double that in my basement. Aside from a quarantine tank, I don't have much use for 10 gallon tank. Guess it depends on what species you're into.

Nothing wrong with 10 gallons.

Here are some ideas, if I were going to stock them as display tanks (not breeding tanks).

8-10 ember tetras
6 Yunannilus cruciatus loaches or rosy loaches

3 sparkling gourami
6 pygmy cory

15-20 phoenix rasbora or mosquito rasbora
10 Neocaridina shrimp (RCS, snowball, yellow, or blue pearl, etc.)- you'll have more shrimp in no time, cover the intake of the HOB.

A few CPO's (Mexican dwarf crayfish)

Or, if you want to try breeding, you could get a nice strain of fancy guppies or endlers, and pack the tank full of hornwort (gups will eat fry, endlers won't). You will have babies in no time and if your strains are nice enough, you may be able to sell to your LFS or something.

I use my current ten gallon as a mini-biotope planted tank. It's super fun to work with aquascaping and stuff like that in such a small tank! If you want to see some pictures/more info about it you can check out the link in my signature. :)
I think if I had another I'd do a betta and a school of pygmy cories.
And if I had three? Probably some African Dwarf Frogs or floating frogs.
All planted of course, just because plants fill up 10 gallons so nicely. :>

I like the idea of the Phoenix rasboras and Pygmy corys! If only they had them at my lfs or petco, does anyone know if petco accepts trade in's for tanks? I would love to get a 20L tank

My chain stores don't take trade-ins, however the local mom & pop operations do. (y)

1. 5-8 ADF's

2. 2 pair dwarf crays and 8 celestial pearl danios or danio erythromicrons

3. 10 mosquito rasbora, 3 dario dario, and 4-6 hara jerdoni.

If you do pick up a 20L from Petco I would wait until they do their $1 per gallon sale. At my Petco a 20L is $39.99 so it's 50% off on that sale. :)

Back
Top Bottom