Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-07-2004, 01:04 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to dinotrex
In search of!!!!

I was at Petsmart this weekend and they had a chart there that had a suggestion of tropical fishs I can have in my tank..... Now let me describe this chart a little.... They had different size tanks with suggestions of quantity of how many fishs i can have in my 55 gallon tank of certain families of freshwater fishes. These were merly suggestions and so now I'm in search of more of these charts...... any help?

Old 09-07-2004, 01:16 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

There are charts, but I don't know where you would find them. It's best to get people with real life expereince than going off a chart. What kind of fish are you thinking of keeping? What size tank do ou have?

Menagerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 01:38 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to dinotrex
55 gallons.......... I like inverts like lobster or crayfish.... Most pet stores advise against it but why do they sell them!?!??! so whatever bigger size fish that can be alert of lobsters or crayfishs. any suggestions?
Old 09-07-2004, 03:49 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

OOOoo I love my blue crawfish. He is the most awsome thing in my tank. Anyways I have had much success keeping him with tiger barbs, cherry barbs, zebra danios, CAE,a snail that came from who knows where, and buenes aires tetras. Fish that are fast swimmers without fancy fins are good. The crawfish actually move kind of slowly when they are hunting so a faster fish can easily escape them. They are also really good scavengers.
Megalofyia is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com