is my gourami lonely

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jackie

Aquarium Advice Regular
my pearl gourami 's mate sadly died about 2 months ago,he seemed withdrawn for a while but my lfs suggested leaving a mat e for a while . he's male by the way,i got a pair of silver sailfin mollies and that cheered him up. at least he regained some of his red bellie, so now i'mthinking of moving him to my bigger tank in a week or so ,and getting him a female pearl gourami friend . not too sure wether i need to look for a small female or one around his size...he is 2 and a half years old and quite gloriouscolours when he's got afriend around. any thoughts on this :) jackie

Although I'm not up to date on Gourami breeding habits, I know that the male often treats the female a little roughly when breeding. I'd probably pay a little more and get a female that was his size or maybe even a little larger.

i hadn't actually had any thoughts about breeding .. its just that he always seemed much happier with afemale friend .... anyway who knows what might happen as long as he is happy.. thanks for advice will look for a good size gourami to put with him jackie

Back
Top Bottom