is my pleco okay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fearlessfisch

Aquarium Advice FINatic
my black (common, i think) pleco constantly twirls and does backflips. he doesn't seem to swim anywhere without this weird ballet movement, twirling and flipping, often backwards or spinning/twirling from the top of the aquarium to the bottom or vice versa.

when he is eating he is in one place and so acts normally. he loves broccoli and algae wafers, and i haven't seen any change in his appetite. he has been doing this weird flipping thing for about 2 weeks, but otherwise seems healthy. his fins are all in good condition, and he looks very handsome. all the other fish in the tank seem healthy.

i can't tell if he wants to do it or can't help doing it. why is he acting like this? has anyone seen this before?

What are your water parameters? Pleco's especially are very high waste producers.

How often are you testing your water, doing water changes and vacumming your gravel?

Very odd...please keep us updated. It sounds strange to me.

When ever I had a pleco do strange swimming or hanging upside down it died.

he seems to be doing better now. he is swimming okay and eating. i will keep monitoring him closely. thanks for the help, everyone.

Back
Top Bottom