Is Prime really worth it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anna94

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I watched this YouTube video and in it the guy talks a little bit about Seachem Prime. This video got me thinking: is Seachem Prime really worth it? Is it really all that it’s hyped up to be or is it just overrated? The only reason I use Prime is because everybody uses it and it was always recommended to me when I was first starting out. But, just like the guy in the video, I wonder now if it really does what it’s advertised to do. After all, any other dechlorinator says that it detoxifies heavy metals like ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates.

https://youtu.be/FuRD5Gv3egM

You can use any dechlorinator but some don't do everything that prime will and some take larger amounts to dechlorinate. I have used marine land aquarium conditioner and imaginirium water conditioner. Both of those are 1 5ml cap full for 20 gallons whereas prime is 1 5ml cap full for 50 gallons.the marine land stuff says it removes chlorine and chloramine along with removing heavy metals but it doesn't say anything about nitrite or nitrates like prime does.

Prime is more concentrated than most other brands therefore you use less . You get what you pay for so Yes . Prime is worth it when compared to other brands . If you really want to save money Use SEACHEM Safe. That is what I use .

Good money saving tidbit from tunamanphd!

I have used several types of water conditioners. Yes it does seem to be the most popular one I have seen.

Reasons to me is because unlike cheaper brands it can help a new fish keeper who just learned about the nitrification cycle save a tank full of fish. Often someone who doesn't have a master test kit yet and is having serious and deadly or possibly deadly issues.

The heavy metals detoxifying is critical for SW tanks and inverts for FW or SW.

And not all products can treat chloramine.

Water Conditioner

I watched this YouTube video and in it the guy talks a little bit about Seachem Prime. This video got me thinking: is Seachem Prime really worth it? Is it really all that it’s hyped up to be or is it just overrated? The only reason I use Prime is because everybody uses it and it was always recommended to me when I was first starting out. But, just like the guy in the video, I wonder now if it really does what it’s advertised to do. After all, any other dechlorinator says that it detoxifies heavy metals like ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates.

https://youtu.be/FuRD5Gv3egM

Hello Anna...

Seachem's "Safe" is a better product from a price standpoint. I find I use much less than Prime and it does the same job.

B

Back
Top Bottom