It jumped out?!?!?!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason7894561230

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey,
So i was looking into my tank 10 gal and i noticed a little shrimp on my desk. It was already dead but i dont know how it jumped out of the tank. It is open top and recently did a water change. 5 red cherry shrimp 2 babies now. 4 corys and 1 bristle nose temporoary to get rid of algea so if any one has any ideas tell me please

Jason​

It might have gone up through the filter water flow. Mine travel up and into my filter and pick food and stuff off the filter. They are incredible jumpers...

Makes it even easier for them to jump up the flow and out...Its what they do, they arent the brightest LOL!

Hey,
So i was looking into my tank 10 gal and i noticed a little shrimp on my desk. It was already dead but i dont know how it jumped out of the tank. It is open top and recently did a water change. 5 red cherry shrimp 2 babies now. 4 corys and 1 bristle nose temporoary to get rid of algea so if any one has any ideas tell me please

Jason​

Shrimp are excellent climbers, he could have swam to the top of the tank and then just climbed out!

I didn't know they jump! They make so much poo, too. My husband hates my shrimp. I had them in my last tank but I don't remember them being so dirty. I guess I didn't have as much algea.

Hey,

Jason​

Sorry about your shrimp - that's a bummer. I had one of my snails escape the tank and of course the way I found it was by stepping on it and crushing it to death :( It totally blended in with our wood floors! Our critters are amazing in the things they do.

If it makes you feel any better, I found two dead RCS on the lid under the light on my 20L last night. I dug around and found the panel that fits the back of the glass canopy, so hopefully no more jumpers.

Back
Top Bottom