It's been a while since I started and ended an aquarium. Gonna get back into it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aphone

Aquarium Advice Activist
looking at this 2.6 gallon tank, and im interested in putting 2 african dwarf frogs. My question is can I add something small? if so what?

nm the loach, can i add a few Harlequin?

Can I put other inverts. Any that don't produce a lot of waste?

How many 1" fish can go with the 2 frogs. And can I bring a snail in?

The only fish that can be kept in a 2.5g tank is a betta. Even then, i would pick either the frogs or the betta, not both.

Have you considered a 10g tank instead? Just a fraction of the cost more and it opens up a ton of possibilities.

Agreed, not many fish for a 2.5 gallon, and if you're putting in dwarf frogs I would just do that, too small for tankmates. You could add some small snails if you wanted.

Agreed, not many fish for a 2.5 gallon, and if you're putting in dwarf frogs I would just do that, too small for tankmates. You could add some small snails if you wanted.
'
How many small snails with the one frog? How about some shrimp? Clams?

'
How many small snails with the one frog? How about some shrimp? Clams?

I would start with 1 or 2 snails, they'll multiply very quickly.

I can't speak for shrimp.

Clams aren't well suited to fish tanks at all, let alone really small tanks. They need somewhat specialized care.

I would start with 1 or 2 snails, they'll multiply very quickly.

I can't speak for shrimp.

Clams aren't well suited to fish tanks at all, let alone really small tanks. They need somewhat specialized care.

any input on shrimp anyone? what do you mean they'll multiply?

Snails will reproduce and sometimes quickly. To avoid an explosion its better to start with only a few

Sini's my personal bucket lugger..er, I mean husband

how about this stock: 1 dwarf frog, 2 nerita snails, and 6 ghost shrimps

Ghost shrimp can sometimes be mistaken for similar looking vicious kinds that gang up and murder other inhabitants. If you do get them, set them up separate so they can grow out for better identification. Amano might be a better choice. MzJinkzt has them for $3 a piece, which is a great price.

Neither nerite nor Amano have eggs that'll hatch in fresh water, so their populations won't get out of hand.

amano's are bigger than ghost shrimp

do fiddler crabs produce a lot of waste?

This tank is looking like it's gonna be an invert tank

My understanding is thee frog produces the most waste out of all the mentioned, so I'm bringing in only one. I'm thinking the shrimps snails, and crabs don't produce nearly as much waste so I can have more of those. plus the frog like company

Cherry shrimp just can't be confused with anything vicious and predatory. I don't think they can interbreed but cherry shrimp do breed readily.

Cherry shrimp just can't be confused with anything vicious and predatory. I don't think they can interbreed but cherry shrimp do breed readily.
looks like it's 1 frog, a few nerita's, a few cherry shrimps. would like some breeding with the cherry shrimp for some aquarium longitivity

Thai micro crabs are freshwater and are super tiny! Mind the top, they mind wander off. Sorry, I don't mean to confound your planning progress :|

Back
Top Bottom