Jardini eating shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dr.diggler

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a lil Jardini about 2 1/2 inches big. I have had him for about two weeks. I also have three stingrays in the tank. I started the jardini on crickets, but he would swoop down and eat the shrimp that was discarded by the rays. Now his diet is shrimp. Is this diet bad for him. I have not heard to much about arowana's eating shrimp although I know when they are hungry they will eat about anything.

A carnivore, the Jardini Arowana will feed on small fish, insects, and larvae,as well as freeze-dried ocean plankton or krill.

This was pulled from www.liveaquaria.com

In wild, their food consist mainly of insects, fishes, shrimp, worms and small amphibians. Arowana prefer live foods although they can be trained to accept other foods. Variety in food is a MUST to avoid nutritional deficiency. Live foods is generally more nutritious then its counterpart. However, the risk of introducing any disease into the tank is increased when live foods are used.

This was pulled from www.aquascapeonline.com

Back
Top Bottom