Just bought aquarium. Good deal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome to AA

I would never buy that setup, but if you wanted the other stuff it seems like an ok deal.

i personally like it, i think he got a good deal, and welcome to the forum buddy, you'll love it, most of all you'll love the tank, any ideas on what kind of fish you want? whatever you decide on we'll all be ready and willing to answer and give you advoce on anything you need, fore warning though, some of these memebers get pretty scientific and its hard to understand lol don't even dare ask about the nitrogen cycle unless ya havea PHD in chemistry lol i'm just kiddin, they provide a ton of info, so feel free to ask anything, you may even teach us something

I personally think you are getting a good deal too. Might want to look at a little better filter system, but everything else looks good. The current filter will do ok for low bio-load, but if you want more than just a few fish, go to bigalsonline.com. They got some good filters at really fantastic prices. I got my Emperor filter for less than half of what it costs here at the lfs, and that included shipping. Again, nice tank if you get it.

tropicfishman said:
i personally like it, i think he got a good deal, and welcome to the forum buddy, you'll love it, most of all you'll love the tank, any ideas on what kind of fish you want? whatever you decide on we'll all be ready and willing to answer and give you advoce on anything you need, fore warning though, some of these memebers get pretty scientific and its hard to understand lol don't even dare ask about the nitrogen cycle unless ya havea PHD in chemistry lol i'm just kiddin, they provide a ton of info, so feel free to ask anything, you may even teach us something

Im actually pretty knowledgable about the nitrogen cycle. Ive read a couple of books prior to buying the tank. I look forward to asking questions. I plan on refinishing the stand and hood and staining it a different color, then I will plan on what type of floor I want, Ask 10000 questions about live plants, and then plan on fish ;)

Thanks guys,
Andy

That sounds like the perfect plan Andy. All too often people buy tanks and immediately plop in fish without researching anything. I am guilty of doing that initially. :D

awesome andy, its great to see you doing your research on everything, i wish i would have when i first got into tanks, the longer i went the harder it was to learn becuase i had everythign wrong in my head lol

Back
Top Bottom