Just found out I'm moving... overseas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stooker

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well, as the title says, I'm getting a reassignment to Europe this summer. It’s not 100% set in stone because, well, that’s just the way it is in the military; I’ll know more as the date gets closer. While I’m ecstatic at the opportunity to be stationed In Europe again (did a tour in Italy before), I’m crushed because I just spent the last couple of months almost completely redoing my aquarium with a whole new stock of fish, plants and decorations. I literally completed the last thing I wanted to do this past weekend. I’m not too bummed about the money, it was all well-spent and I don’t consider it a loss… but the fish, and to a lesser degree the plants, I’m really going to miss. I really thought if I was going to get a new assignement, it would have been a few states over within driving distance and I planned on taking everything with me if/when that happened.

I’ll just enjoy maintaining what I have for the next few months. I didn’t have anything else planned for it, although I was uber excited about upgrading to a larger tank later this year, but that will all be on extended hold.

If you’re in the Colorado Springs/Denver/Pueblo area and interested in accepting my fish and/or plants in a couple of months, let me know. I really want everything going to a good home, of course!

Anyways, just thought I’d throw that out there and I might be a little melodramatic. I’m already looking forward to starting up again in the future. :)

Attachments

• IMAG1204_1.jpg
    IMAG1204_1.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 1,363
Wow! That's a really nice aquarium. I wish I could take it, but I'm in Seattle. I'm so sorry about the fish. ?

Thanks, it's not great compared to the freakin' awesome setups I've seen on this site. I'm still pretty proud of it nonetheless considering it's low light/low tech and I put it together relatively quick (with not a single loss of fish). My biggest regret is having gone with a 20g tall from the get go, and it's been its own challenge trying to fill up the vertical space with the plants, rocks and driftwood, without looking overly crowded due to the limited bottom area.

Sorry to hear about the possible shuffle. Been there, done that years ago. Now you're down to hurry up and wait, just lovely lol. As time draws closer, you may get better responses in the in the Regional Forums which is a sub section in this area.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Sorry to hear about the possible shuffle. Been there, done that years ago. Now you're down to hurry up and wait, just lovely lol. As time draws closer, you may get better responses in the in the Regional Forums which is a sub section in this area.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

That's life at the moment, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I've posted a thing or two in the regional and it's kinda dead. Maybe if I say "FREE FISH" I'll get some luck! :ROFLMAO:

I'm from Colorado originally and went to college in the Springs. I have a ton of FB friends still around there. I'm letting them know about this situation.
:)

Keeping my sleeves wet...

~ Sent via Carrier Goldfish

You could try local fish clubs in your area.
Thank you for your service.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hey, Kentucky is on your way to Europe. You could drop it off here!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I'm from Colorado originally and went to college in the Springs. I have a ton of FB friends still around there. I'm letting them know about this situation.
I appreciate you getting the word out. I'm in the Springs as well so right on town!

You could try local fish clubs in your area.
Thank you for your service.
I'll have to look around for clubs. Maybe Denver, but not sure about the Springs.
It's been an honor to serve... 12 years have sure flown by!

Hey, Kentucky is on your way to Europe. You could drop it off here!
:ROFLMAO:

Don't give it to a store!! I live in northern Colorado Springs and would love to take it!! I wouldn't want the tank but would love the would and plants! I would also take the filter off of you. I would easily take the light depending on the size. How big is the tank. I would love to here more!! How much for all of that?

Actually, I would take the whole thing! I would just use the tank as a hospital tank, but the rest would go in my ten gallon I am redoing. What part of springs are you in, I would love to buy it.

I haven't decided if and what I'm going to off load aside from the fish and plants. The tank is a 20g high, and the light is just the LED that came with it, nothing special.

Back
Top Bottom