Just learned a very valuable lesson.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mustangman11224

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well I just learned a very valuable lesson in water siphoning.... I siphoned out a full 5 gal of water and stopped I shook the end of the siphon that was in the tank off and laid it on a paper towel on my floor... I then went to get my 5 gal bucket with the pump in it so I could put the water gently back in my tank.... Well when I got back, I took one step into my room and splat splat.... I have pergo flooring ( that fake wood flooring) and the water ran back down the siphon and onto the floor... And boy oh boy did it really travel... It took me an hr to clean it up... It went under my desk... Under my fish stand... U set my other fish stand... Under my tv stand ... EVERYWHERE... So Lesson learned, I will never leave the siphon in a full bucket of water AGAIN...

I remember the song Lessons Learned. "They don't come easy & they don't come cheap".
So sorry. Been there too, too many times. OS.

Well I just learned a very valuable lesson in water siphoning.... I siphoned out a full 5 gal of water and stopped I shook the end of the siphon that was in the tank off and laid it on a paper towel on my floor... I then went to get my 5 gal bucket with the pump in it so I could put the water gently back in my tank.... Well when I got back, I took one step into my room and splat splat.... I have pergo flooring ( that fake wood flooring) and the water ran back down the siphon and onto the floor... And boy oh boy did it really travel... It took me an hr to clean it up... It went under my desk... Under my fish stand... U set my other fish stand... Under my tv stand ... EVERYWHERE... So Lesson learned, I will never leave the siphon in a full bucket of water AGAIN...

I learned a lesson one time about leaving an opened bottle of prime on my dresser while I change water in my two tanks. I knocked it over and spilled it in my drawer. The bad thing about learning something the hard way. It will teach you again if you forget. Not too long ago I knocked a brand new bottle over into the garbage can bottom up. Now I put some in a smaller bottle as I need it.

I hope all of that water doesn't warp your floor. :/

I guess it doesn't ... It has this little flap peace of plastic on the inside but it was stuck till I smacked it on the floor :-/ my gf got me a new water siphon a month ago which has one I think... I should have started using that one lol... Even though I moped it still smells like a fish store lol... I'll wait for the floor to dry and mop again with a doubled dose of mr clean lol.

That sux man... And I hope I do t forget lol... I d d definitely don't want to do this again... The floor isn't too bad.. Only one place got a little warped and tht was under my desk... It should dry out and go back it wasn't wet for long. Just one of those things that happens and teaches you a lesson... I think if I had carpeting it would have been a nightmare lol. The fish water smell would be soo hard to get out.

Well I could have used the shop vac lol... I didn't think about that... That would have made clean up alot faster.

I guess it doesn't ... It has this little flap peace of plastic on the inside but it was stuck till I smacked it on the floor :-/ my gf got me a new water siphon a month ago which has one I think... I should have started using that one lol... Even though I moped it still smells like a fish store lol... I'll wait for the floor to dry and mop again with a doubled dose of mr clean lol.

Set up a box fan or two if you have em.

Just one of those things that happens and teaches you a lesson... I think if I had carpeting it would have been a nightmare lol. The fish water smell would be soo hard to get out.

Yup. Been there. The next day I got home from work and the stench was so bad I got on my hands and knees with a box cutter and took up all the carpet and underlay. Except for the 4 patches under the legs of the tank stand. Lol.

Lol omg that must have been horrible....I'm sure u never made that mistake again... And yea I set up some fans... To dry everything up and opens my windows... Hopefully tomorrow morning it will all be dry and and done with .... You don't relies how much water 5 gal really is until it is on the floor lol.

Lol omg that must have been horrible....I'm sure u never made that mistake again... And yea I set up some fans... To dry everything up and opens my windows... Hopefully tomorrow morning it will all be dry and and done with .... You don't relies how much water 5 gal really is until it is on the floor lol.

No we don't lol. Similar thing happened to me and I had a box fan blowing on the area for 48 hours straight!

Back
Top Bottom