Keeping RCS breeding in check.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

warthog76za

Aquarium Advice Freak
My Nanotank is overrun with RCS babies....any idea what fish/shrimp I could get to keep the RCS at a reasonable number, like 15-20 rather than something near 40. Any help would be appreciated.

My Nanotank is overrun with RCS babies....any idea what fish/shrimp I could get to keep the RCS at a reasonable number, like 15-20 rather than something near 40. Any help would be appreciated.

I didn't know that that breed so well! Too bad they are fresh water. I did a quick google search and it says that any agressive fish will eat them. So I guess the sky is the limit for you. Pick on and see. I do also see that they go for 1-2.50 a piece...why not sell some? lol, I'm such an entrepreneur, I'm always looking for things to sell. Send me the lot, I'll breed them and sell them online :)

Hahahah good idea, I am gonna give some of my females to my sons kindergarten....but I cant expect them to take all the babies! Im going to the LFS tomorrow to see what I can find that could help the situation.

That's my plan! I bought 5 at the LFS, one was berried.. Immediately the entrepreneur in me was like "I could sell these!".

they are just hatching now, so we will see! I have seen people selling them in my area in Craigslist for $20 for a lot of 10.

I'll let ya know!

Dude sell them or give them to me for free :) lol Buy a fish that eats the babies only and the population will be easier to control lol

Sell the extras and get some tetras :) Any fish will love to munch on RCS babies.

--Adeeb

Any fish that has a mouth big enough will eat the shrimpletts. I would really consider selling them, you can make a little money :) make a small (very small) dent in what you've spent in this hobby!

Back
Top Bottom