Khuli loach colour question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buu

Aquarium Advice Freak
All the Khulis I see online are black with yellow stripes. I ordered some Khulis at my LFS, they finally came in but they're brown! I was just curious if this another colour variation, will they eventually get stripes or did they sell me an entirely different fish?! They are a just about an inch and a half if its an age thing.

Also if they are a different type of khuli (than the stripe ones I see.) how long do they grow to be? I have 4 in my 20 gallon.

I doubt they will get stripes. I have seen multiple brown kuhli's, and it's quite normal. As for the growth rate, it takes anywhere from a year or two to reach max adult size, witch is between 4'' and 6''. They can always grow a bit more or a bit less, but it isn't likely.

I love them. They have such character and keep doing the silliest things. Do you think if I ever got striped ones that they would all group together or just stick to their own kind?

I love them. They have such character and keep doing the silliest things. Do you think if I ever got striped ones that they would all group together or just stick to their own kind?
I would think they would socialize together:3

Would getting only 2 banded Khulis work (and the banded and brown make a group together) or would I have to get a group for them to be happy? Sorry so many questions! Love my Khulis but I have to leave some stocking room for my husband.

Back
Top Bottom