kuhli loaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sumarty2

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi all,
I was thinking of something to add to my tank once I get the ammonia under control. I remember kuhli loaches being really cute and fun to watch. I don't think they are easy to find though, although years ago I always had a few in my tank...but that was before I new anything about tank maintenance. They never lasted very long. Anyone have thoughts on kuhli's?

I get mine from my lfs, a great place in Portland Or called The Wet Spot. I've had it for 3 1/2 years now, and having moved him from my 10g to a 30g, I thought I might even get him a few more friends. I have no idea how long they can live but mine shows no sign of being short lived.

so you only have one? I've heard they love to be in a group. In fact I've always had more than one at a time and they seem so playful with each other. I'm going to have to keep my eye out for them in my lfs.

I had bought three, but their tank crashed a year ago and only one kuli and a few of my fish survived. They did love to play together when I had the 3 and now with only one he spends more time hiding. I thought to get 4 more, to make 5 total. I'm just worried about the bioload of my tank. They are great scavengers and I have had the tank running for about 8 months now, so it's pretty stable, but it's low-tech and the few plants in there haven't grown alot as it gets only indirect light from an eastern window and no co2. I have plans to buy them with the next pay check actually, along with a few new plants. I just can't go to the fish store with out getting more plants. Maybe I'll start a diy co2 thing also, so the plants will grow and counterbalance the extra inches of fish.

yeah we have 3 of them and they have been there for about half the yr. and yes they are cute and fun to watch when they are out and arent swimming around in the filter, so be careful on the size you get.

Back
Top Bottom