Kuhli Loach Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fro

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

I’m thinking of adding some Kuhli Loach to my 250l freshwater tank. I have read a lot of sites which say they need a varied diet and that it’s not as simple as just chucking in a few flakes. It will get quite expensive to buy a load of different products. Does anyone have a suggestion for 2/3 products which would give them enough of a balance without having to buy a tonne of different things? I was thinking of the Fluval bug bites (insect lavae and salmon) plus freeze dried bloodworms. They would get some scraps of TetraMin too. Is that enough variety? Any suggestions welcome and happy fish keeping everyone.

Marine Mix is made from prawn, fish and squid and blended up before being frozen into small cubes. It makes a good food for most fish but you might need to cut it up finer with a pair of scissors depending on the brand.

Marine Green is the same as marine mix but with spinach or algae added to it.

Bloodworms might be a bit big for Khuli loaches.

Frozen brineshrimp (especially the baby brineshrimp) would be small enough, or use a pr of scissors to cut the adult brineshrimp up.

Micro and grindal worms are good and can be cultured at home quite easily once you get a starter culture.

The following link has some info on culturing micro worms. It's about 2/3 down the page.
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f82/back-to-basics-when-breeding-fish-380381.html#post3578561

Grindal worms can be cultured in peat moss or potting mix and fed on dry baby cereal.

Back
Top Bottom