Kuhli Loaches Swimming Up and Down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeirdreHoyle

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My Kuhli loaches keep swimming up and down and back and fourth in my 25 gallon tank. I just did a water change before they started doing this. The temp is 80 and I have medium sized gravel on one side of the tank and smaller gravel on the other side. Plenty of hiding places and live plants. Water parameters are normal, 0 ammonia & nitrite, nitrate around 30, pH is 6.8. Is this normal? Some people say it means they're happy and some say it means they're stressed.

most loachs swim alot my yo yo's don't stop
you could talk to the people at wet spot in Portland they could tell you more about your fish

most loachs swim alot my yo yo's don't stop
you could talk to the people at wet spot in Portland they could tell you more about your fish

Do you live in Portland? I love that place but I like to ask on the forum so I don't have to leave my house :)

I've just heard that some fish swim up and down the tank walls when they're stressed, but I know kuhli's (and all loaches really) are crazy so I want to know if anyone has seen theirs doing this

no I live south east of Springfield , wish I got to portland once in a while the fish there are much cheaper than here fish that wet spot swells for $7.00 are $25.00 here

I have a Kuhli Loach, mine mainly hides but when he is out he darts around up & down in the bubble wall & from wall to wall.

no I live south east of Springfield , wish I got to portland once in a while the fish there are much cheaper than here fish that wet spot swells for $7.00 are $25.00 here

Oh I'm from Eugene so I understand. There's way less fish stuff in the smaller towns :/

Back
Top Bottom