lamprey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropicfishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
has anyone seen these parasites before? there giant overgrown leeches, my LFS actually had some of these things trying to sell them! apperently they are in the same family as the hagfish. just wondering if anyone has heard of them of dealt with them

I dissected one in Chordate zoology lab in college.

I wonder what one would feed them? There are pics on the net of them attached to large fish like trout!

I scuba dive in the great lakes where there are thousands upon thousands of them. My brother brought me home one that he caught and i wouldent let him put it in one of my tanks so i kept it in a betta container where it died

Divers and fishermen are told to cut them in half around here because they are a plague upon our lakes. Lost of divers i know go down there with knives and find their nests. Kindof barbaric, but they have really hurt the fishing industries and nuture of the lakes.

They shouldent be sold in pet stores... because we know what happens id a few get loose.

I seen the pics of them attrached to the trout, there mouths are wild looking with all the rows of teeth. it makes ya wonder what purpose a creature like that surves

Back
Top Bottom