LFS employies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't ask questions because I don't care what they know. If their live stock looks good, it speaks for itself. I keep my questions to "Do you have _______?". Sometimes I question the owner, because he has more experience then me, running so many tanks.

The owner of my prized lfs thinks I'm nuts for dosing ferts. Old school.. guy knows fish and fish health, he has a tool box full of meds and knows just how to use them.. t5 is still new and exciting though..it's nice having an answer to exactly which fish is which when they can be commonly mislabeled else where. Also.... big also.... a shared affinity for dwarf cichlids is awesome when someone else is paying shipping. I told them about a spawn between 2 dif. apisto variants (orange flash and double red) and they stopped what they were doing to chat about it.. we shall see what grows out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The owner of my prized lfs thinks I'm nuts for dosing ferts. Old school.. guy knows fish and fish health, he has a tool box full of meds and knows just how to use them.. t5 is still new and exciting though..it's nice having an answer to exactly which fish is which when they can be commonly mislabeled else where.

Heh, yeah, my favorite LFS is definitely a "fish" store not a "plant" store. But by gum their fish and tanks are always the healthiest looking in town. I've been going there for 20 years now I guess, and though the owner (a tiny little old lady) has gotten older and her granddaughter (and great granddaughter sometimes) are the ones you deal with more often than not these days, when she's there she'll always be happy to talk fish with you.

_________
Yelling into the tin can from the far end of the string

I'd like to see what happens when someone buys a fish from one of the chain pet stores and the fish dies, and when the employee asks you for a water sample, you ask to test their water as well...

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

For me its "do I necessarily need another school of fish or do I really want to try a shrimp colony"

good luck with that lol. All the RCS Ive added are missing and even the 2 new ghost shrimp vanished. WHERE DID THEY GO!?

One thing all my lfs have in common, even the most respected ones, want you to fish-in cycle.

One thing all my lfs have in common, even the most respected ones, want you to fish-in cycle.

Many people think fish in cycle is the way to go, myself included. You just have to do it right.

Many people think fish in cycle is the way to go, myself included. You just have to do it right.

+1, with seeded media.. smooth sailing if done properly. I've seen more whacky fishless cycle in the last year...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

One of the good employees at my local PetSmart quit and he moved to my local Petco. I don't know the reason why he quit but I felt bad because he seemed like a good guy and there are so few people in this world who know anything about fish that a guy like that should be appreciated more.

good luck with that lol. All the RCS Ive added are missing and even the 2 new ghost shrimp vanished. WHERE DID THEY GO!?

Yeah tell me about it. It was always Hmmmm I wonder if this Betta will be aggressive. He doesn't even flare at his reflection or the fish in the tank next to him...and I finally found a place in Sydney that stocks RCS.... It's still a 50/50. I'll test him out with some ramshorns first. :p

Great topic all I can say is I started working in a Lfs at 11 and you learn something new everyday. I have seen some employees so knowledgeable and others just there to clean . Guess it depends on the store

Joefish...

Back
Top Bottom