lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If your not planning on any kind of live plants then the standard single florecent strip light that usually comes with the 10 gal tank kits will do fine.

If your tank did not come with a light strip then they are relitivly cheap and can be gotten at your LFS. I think they include a 10W florecent tube.

Reply on lighting questions

Yea, it depends on whether or not you are going to get plants. Lights make the fish colors more vibrant, and are a good choice even if you are not going to have a planted aquarium. I have a 10 gallon with a PerfectaLite full hood. It has a replaceable backstrip that can be easily cut for a filter and/or heater and an access door that runs the whole length of the hood. I just recently got an Amazon Sword and it has been doing fine, plus i really like the light because it comes with a built in floresent light bulb and works great and really improves the look of the aquarium. I highly reccomend this, its very easy, you shouldnt have to ever replace the bulbs and its about 30 bucks. Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom