Lighting Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It will be enough light for the tank and the fish, but for plants, no. I would say you're very limited, maybe java moss and java fern, but that's about it.

It will be enough light for the tank and the fish, but for plants, no. I would say you're very limited, maybe java moss and java fern, but that's about it.
Ok, thanks. What type of fixture do you recommend instead?

I can't say, as personally I don't know any fixtures that would fit on a bowfront. You could check fishneedit.com and look for some there, as you can find them cheap. I would just look for something along the lines of T5 HO or CFLs.

I can't say, as personally I don't know any fixtures that would fit on a bowfront. You could check fishneedit.com and look for some there, as you can find them cheap. I would just look for something along the lines of T5 HO or CFLs.
If i did just have java fern and some other low light plants in there, do you think it would work?

I think it could work, but I'm not sure. I used to have a T8 fixture, and while the java fern and anubias did fine, the others really suffered. It wasn't until I switched to T5s that all the plants started to get better.

Back
Top Bottom