Loaches for a 20 h?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubbles0oO

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well we all know how it happens, you fall in love and have to have some.

This time its loaches!
What kind of loaches would you recommend for my 20 high?
I have rock caves, dw, and live plants.

My stock plans are
Pair of kribensis
School of rummy nose (i have 4 right now)
Was going to do corys but if i cant have loaches and corys i wont have any.

Thanks guys!!!

Since you have Kribs and a 20H you could do Dwarf Chain Loaches BUT you have a pair of Krib and if/when the decide to breed the loaches are going to targets for their aggression since they will both be using the lower tank area. Kuhli's could be another choice but again they might be targets.

Kahuli(?) loaches will be fine in a 20. They are great and easy to care for fish that are quite entertaining to watch. You need a school of 3 or more (preferably more) for them to feel comfertable and to enjoy their comedic behaviors. If you get Kribs watch them closely because they may pick on the loaches and other fish around breeding time.

Kahuli(?) loaches will be fine in a 20. They are great and easy to care for fish that are quite entertaining to watch. You need a school of 3 or more (preferably more) for them to feel comfertable and to enjoy their comedic behaviors. If you get Kribs watch them closely because they may pick on the loaches and other fish around breeding time.

Do you think the amount of aggression would go down if i had only 1 kribensis in the tank?

Thanks for the replies guys!

Yes there will be less aggression since there will be no breeding issues.

OP, Dwarf chain loaches, Laos Pygmy loaches are the same thing.... Botia sidthimunki. Common names can be confusing sometimes.

Haha ok thanks guys, if i find a nice school of them for a decent price ill snatch them up ;)

The Pygmy loach I was referring to is micronemachelius cruciatus

Can you post info as I've never heard of it nor can I find any info on it using the info provided. I love unusual loaches and have Burmese Rosey Loaches, Tuberoschistura arakanensis in my 55g Nano fish tank.

They are almost the same size as the Burmese Rosey Loaches I have. Would be a good addition to the 24g Nuvo tank that's cycling. I'll have to be on the look out for them. Another perfect sized loach to go with Nano fish!

Back
Top Bottom