looking for answers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bear5800

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I dont want to buy drift wood out of a store im looking for a Natural tank so I went to a river and pick up some rocks i tested them with vinegar and they need not bubble up and I got some drift wood and boil them for over three hours just need to know if I did everything right thanks for yall answers

Is the water that you are boiling the driftwood in still turning into a brownish color? Is the driftwood sinking yet? I usually boil the rocks to kill any unnecessary parasites, germs, etc.
It sounds like you did everything correctly. (y)

I dont want to buy drift wood out of a store im looking for a Natural tank so I went to a river and pick up some rocks i tested them with vinegar and they need not bubble up and I got some drift wood and boil them for over three hours just need to know if I did everything right thanks for yall answers

Sounds fine to me mate. If your wood sinks you are good to go. Check if the stones have veins running through them. If they do it could leech metal into the water.apart from that good work

Back
Top Bottom