Lost one...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrcrazypants05

Aquarium Advice Freak
Alrighty so I lost my peacock eel, Elly. Yesterday afternoon i came home from work and my mom said she was swimming weird. So, I placed her in a 10 gallon I setup real quick, luckily i had a spare filter i was running in the 55 for almost 2 weeks now... guess ill have to start that over. Anyway I awoke this morning to a dead eel. I had the eel for about 4 months now. I checked my 55 gallons water parameters and everythings good. 0ppm ammonia, 0ppm nitrite, and 10ppm nitrates. No idea what could have caused it. The only thing ive added was like 4 clown loaches, but it's been about a week and a half since i added them. I would think they would die before affecting any other fish. I'll keep an eye out though, and maybe put them in the QT or something.

I don't belive that Peacocks are brackish. I have them in a freshwater tank with no problems. What kind of substrate do you have in the tank? Did she have any scratches or markings on her body?

I had a peacock eel die sometime last night, too. :( Dunno what happened. Basically the same thing but I've only had him for about a month, though he's always been sort of sluggish compared to my second one.

Back
Top Bottom