Loud Filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peterp

Aquarium Advice Freak
Here is a real dufus question.

My new filters especially the Emperor 400 is producing a loud humming sound as it runs, is this normal and is there any way to silence it.

The Ehime 2217 canister itself is very quiet, but the spray bar is loud, this I can figure out myself, just move the spray bar under the water surface.

I don't know the Emperor 400, but sometimes your filter will make a noise if there is air trapped in it.
I to use Eheim filters, i have a 2213 x1, 2215 x2, 2217 x2, and they are very quite. but if for any reason air gets trapped they can make a noise.

I use an Emperor 280 on my SW tank and it is silent. If yours is new consult the company, if not look at replacing the rubber mounts on the magnet/intake assembly. IMO, they are good filters. After cleaning the filter always set the water flow control at it's highest for a few minutes. Setting it at the lowest flow will cause it to make noise always.

Yes the new ehime itself is quite silent so far, and so is my very old penguin 300.

The emperor 400 is new, and I think I found the problem, looks like it is vibrating against the tank. If I move the filter bottom away from the glass the buzzing stops 8(. I think a small piece of sponge should fix it.

Back
Top Bottom