mad crazy guppy!!!! >/

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hcourts

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I recently purchased a guppy from walmart that was 1. a female and 2. pregnant. well i put her in my ten gallon rcs/ammano shrimp tank with my other female guppy. It has been going great for the past two weeks, she had her babies and they ate most of them but there a few fry hanging out in my java moss. I have never seen them bother any shrimp and my shrimp are always out. So I decided to get a third female to put in there since it was just the two of them. The one (mad crazy!) gup picked at her off and on the first two days but there was no fin damage and on the third day i wake up to a murder and the new guppys tail was gone. Now my buddy that works at my lfs said there needed to be a guy in the mix so i got a male and another female. she wont bother the male but she still chases the other females...is this normal? what should i do? she is more vicious then both my bettas and all my angels combined!!! i just hate to take her to my lfs...:confused:

Guppies are generally peaceful fish 95% of the time. But I've also had an experience in the past where there was just that one rare, insane female who picked fights with a select few other females all the time. She was really a pain.

I ended up moving her to my 55gal from the 10gal she was in, and she went absolutely quiet and hid in a corner until she starved to death. It wasn't a particularly desired death, but good riddance.

I think the best move for you now is just to give her back to the LFS... better safe than sorry.

I ended up moving her to my 55gal from the 10gal she was in, and she went absolutely quiet and hid in a corner until she starved to death. It wasn't a particularly desired death, but good riddance.
\

Too funny

I could put her in my 55 but there are three Angela in there! And my 20g had two male bettas!! I woke up this morning and they were all hanging out together...I think she has post pardon aggression;)

So little ending to the post partum aggression...don't know if I stated earlier I added a male and three more females to my 10g with the two earlier females. I am guessing the others got tired of her crap bc last night they were all cruising around and trying to avoid the terrorist and when I came home from work this evening she was half eaten...alas everyone else seems really perky and the shrimp are out in full force!!! I guess this is what happens when the public take matters in to their own hands;)

Yeah guppies can be nasty for some reason. I got 2 males for my 5 gallon. They got along fine but 1 died. I got a replacement and the replacement was bullied! I had to put a tank divider in. Once in a while I would take the divider out to see if they had solved their problems, but within a minute they were back at it again. I had to keep that divider in there until one died.

Ugh...Rhe others that I have now get on just fine now that the spawn is dead...although there is one baby from her that is hanging out in my java moss;) hopefully she isn't like her mother!!

Back
Top Bottom