Male or Female Angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hennaartist

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've had these two angels for a year or so (bought them as tiny quarter sized babies). I'm not trying to breed them, but one gets picked on occasionally and I wonder if it's just "courting" or "flirting"

• mostly white one ~ I'm pretty sure this is a male because of the dip and bump on the forehead.
• marbled one ~ I can't tell if there is a bump on the forehead, at least it doesn't appear that there is. This one is 3/4 the size of the other one (they were the same size when I bought them). This one gets picked on occasionally by the mostly white one.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404427504.196455.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404427520.335304.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404427556.751459.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404427566.144168.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I don't have much experience sexing angle fish. But what I read online you have to wait too they are fully mature before you can tell. And then it's the tail fun that tells the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would say they are both male, but the only true way to know is too see them mate. Or to see their tubes come out....more boxy is female, pointy is male.

Back
Top Bottom