Mating Celestial Danios?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedCloudVapor

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought 8 CPD's a week ago, and put them in my 25g planted tank. This morning, the lone male has been chasing all the females non-stop. With several, he has followed them into the DHG and spun around with them in the grass while he shakes rapidly. I try to get a good picture but the grass is too thick, and they dissappear. Is this actual spawning behaivior or is this just normal CPD behaivior?

Mine do the chasing part, never seen the wiggle shimmy though. I'd say they're mating.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would like to think so, but I can't see any eggs. I imagine that they are tiny.

Ohh so tiny...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Your Danios

Hello Red...

I've had a shoal of 8 Rosey Danios in a heavily planted 20 G for several months and see the hurried circling daily. Never seen them spawn, though. These fish are normally active and chase through the vegetation, but this activity is normal from my observation.

B

Most definatly mating! I just spotted two small fry today.

Obsession is a matter of opinion

Great feeling. I just hope they don't get eaten. They are hanging out with my pheonix rasboras at the top.

Obsession is a matter of opinion

Back
Top Bottom