Microworms and Walter worms. Do you use Oatmeal or mashed potato flakes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brennae

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've read of people using both. I got Walter worms in a soil culture. Obviously I would like to divide both cultures. So what do you use? And what temperatures are you keeping your cultures at?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

where did you get your starter culture? What kind of fish are you feeding these worms to? Sorry to be off topic but i am thinking about starting up a cuture of worms for my fish.

I got them at the GCCA swap near Chicago. It's a huge fish swap. I got mine specifically from the Chicago Killifish Association. I have killis, bettas, pygmy corys, scarlet badis, dwarf emerald rasboras and some bigger fish. I hope some of them will breed for me!

I use mashed potatoes for mine. Seems cleaner and longer lasting.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Now that I read the faded ink on the culture it says White Worms. I was told they were Walter Worms. What do I feed them?

Attachments

• 1418270755397.jpg
    1418270755397.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 107
White worms need to be kept in a cool place. Grindals are a little more warm tolerant so that's why I keep them, but they are very similar (and often interchanged, name wise). I feed mine daily with whatever fish food I have at the time, or dog/cat kibble. I check it once every day /every other day and replace any food that's gone moldy. Once the culture really starts going they'll eat through a few pieces of kibble a day easily.

Ah ok. I'll keep them in my basement then. Thanks a lot! !

Back
Top Bottom