Missing fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coyne

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I noticed Ich on one of my fish a couple days ago and immediately started treatment. The problem is that the fish with the symptoms, a small Serpae tetra, has seemingly disappeared. Im not quite sure if he's just well hidden or dead (and well hidden). The last time I saw him he was pretty well covered in Ich and was having trouble swimming and rubbing up against everything.

I would describe my tank as moderately to well planted. There are lots of places to hide, but not too many that I cant see into from one angle or another.
The few places left would require uprooting 3-4 of my larger plants in order to get a good look.

My questions are: How long should I wait until I just assume he's dead? Its been about 36 hours since Ive seen him and Ive been REALLY looking.
Also, how important is it that I find him? I understand that a decaying fish will cause an ammonia spike, but are there any other problems that are likely to arise?

Try pushing the water into the hard spots, see if anything comes out or just move the plants by hand without uprooting

Back
Top Bottom