mixing loaches?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spyyro

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm wanting to get some loaches in my tank once I get the fish moved over. I like both the yo yo loaches as well as the clown loaches so I'm wondering if it would be ok to get 2 of each? The tank is 75 gal and liveaquaria.com says the clown loaches need at least 50 gal. I know the yo yo's don't get as big but I like both. Any suggestions or comments?

I have four angelicus botia, one kuhli chocolate loach, one yoyo loach and I am looking to get the yoyo a friend or two and I have no problems with any.

I have one yoyo with two botia kubotai (angelicus), and they get along just fine. A loach is a loach is a loach...

EDIT: In my previous tank, I had three clowns and one botia kubotai, and they were also just fine together.

Loaches prefer their own company, I've had many loaches in together but in groups of three at least each. I'd get 3 of each. The clowns don't grow so quickly that you would have to worry about them outgrowing your tank.

Back
Top Bottom