More snails!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bayo

Aquarium Advice Regular
Guys, I need an advice pls.

Two weeks ago I noticed there was a snail in my tank that appeared out of nowhere, and I posted about it in this forum.

Today I was doing a PWC and noticed that there were like transparent bubbles in on of the leafs of an anubia. I touched it and it was kind of sticky bubbles. Also, I noticed 2 more tiny baby snails in a piece of driftwood I have in my tank (6 gallon).

I am afraid that I could end up with a snail infestation. What do you think? What can I do?

Your words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated.

Best

Probably a pond snail, and that jelly like stuff is their eggs, they breed like crazy so if you want to keep it snail free, get them out. If they on the glass, scratch it off, if they on leaves, snap the leaf off.

When I started out almost 2 years ago, it started like that and ofcourse being new to the hobby I did make some blunders like overfeeding which made the population of the snails explode. Assassin Snails were then bought and they brought "normality" back to my tank lol!

Back
Top Bottom