Moving from a 15g to a 56g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eagle_133

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all,

I'm moving tanks as per the subject of the thread. The tank is planted and will consist of tetras, shrimp, a loach & a catfish. I will travelling back after collecting the tank for approx 2hrs. The plants will be wrapped in damp newspaper including driftwood & the fish I have no problem with for the journey back. The tank is cycled already but I have a few concerns.....

What is the best way to transfer my current stock to the tank?

I was thinking of introducing gradually and see how they react with each other.

My current stock is as follows:

2 Angels
2 Golden Gouramis
5 Neons
1 Betta
4 mollies

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Eagle_133 said:
Hi all,

I'm moving tanks as per the subject of the thread. The tank is planted and will consist of tetras, shrimp, a loach & a catfish. I will travelling back after collecting the tank for approx 2hrs. The plants will be wrapped in damp newspaper including driftwood & the fish I have no problem with for the journey back. The tank is cycled already but I have a few concerns.....

What is the best way to transfer my current stock to the tank?

I was thinking of introducing gradually and see how they react with each other.

My current stock is as follows:

2 Angels
2 Golden Gouramis
5 Neons
1 Betta
4 mollies

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

When traveling with the fish i would recommend using plastic containers filled with tank water. When acclimating the fish to the new tank i would reccomend putting the 2 angels in a gallon sized bag with the old tank water, the gouramis also in gallon sized bag, then put the mollies and neons togethor in a gallon sized bag and then put the betta in a quart sized bag. Obviously fill them all with the old tank water from the containers and then put the bags in the tank for about 30 mins and then release the fish after. I think you will be fine adding them all at once.

It woukd be great to know what type of loach, catfish and tetras too.

P.S. i think the golden gouramis are pearl gouramis (i could be wrong, it happens alot lol :))

I'll do that and if I have any probs I can always move some back. They are Golden Gouramis not Pearl also ;)

Back
Top Bottom