My 10 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thinksincode

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I haven't posted here in a while! First of all, I want to thank everyone who replied to my earlier questions about tank stability and Bio-Spira. I thought I'd give an update in case anybody was curious what ended up happening.

Once I pushed the tank up against the wall and filled it with water, gravel, etc, and left it for a week and a half or so, it settled into the carpet quiet nicely. It still has a little sway if you push it, but walking by and bumping into it doesn't do much.

I got two Mickey Mouse Platys to start off with, they've been in for a week now and are doing great. Bio-Spira is awesome! After a few days of adding it, my ammonia dropped to 0 ppm and nitrite is pretty low. At first the nitrite was up at 5 PPM, but after a few more days it dropped to 0.5 PPM. Should I expect the nitrites to eventually drop to zero as well?

Anyway, here are a few (grainy) pictures of inside my tank. How does it look for a first try?

Attachments

• fish1_192.jpg
    fish1_192.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 131
  • fish2_795.jpg
    fish2_795.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 132
  • fish3_777.jpg
    fish3_777.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 130
:) It looks like you have some very happy platies

Back