My 1st Water Test

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KeeperOfFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I tested my water today with an API Master Freshwater Test Kit and this is what I got...
Ammo: 0.25
Nitrite: 5.0
Nitrate: 5.0
pH: 7.6

These levels don't seem good:/
I started to test again but then I had to leave...unwillingly:(
Also my moms updates on my fish were apparently wrong because my red/gold tuxedo guppy and my tequila sunrise guppy are missing so I'm really upset right now but as soon as I get home I'm doing a water change so advice and help would be great thanks...

Oh man, massive water changes ASAP. I'm driving down the road and can't elaborate but someone else will chime in in a minute.

Look for a sticky in the getting started section called "I just learned about cycling".

Get your levels down to .25 ASAP.

Now, back to driving :)

Wow thanks for replying even though your driving:)) appreciate it but ya i be changing the water like every 10 minutes. This is so frustrating though. Ughhh

Thanks for all your help

KeeperOfFish said:
I got a water changer so that will help lots

Yep, I couldn't live without my water changer.

You're going to get plenty of practice with it because you have a lot of water changing to do now and in the future. Make sure you follow the guide and keep the ammonia and nitrItes below .25 at all times. You shouldn't be too awful far away from being cycled. :)

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/artic...g-but-I-already-have-fish-What-now/Page2.html

Also get yourself a bottle of Seachem Prime. It's a great water conditioner and will help neutralize ammo and no2 to buy your fish some time between water changes. I would use it at 2-3x the normal dose.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom