My lionhead Ranchu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He is cute! Look at those cheeks! (And I am normally not a fan of wens...)

I am not sure ,I recently bought 6 Ranchu's they are all about 5-6'' big. My guess would be 3-4 years old. I am gonna be posting photos of the other ones I have. I feed them floating pellet food and peas which they love. I squeeze the peas and drop them in.

Oo ok! Just some advice from me. Feeding peas is awesome. But in terms of pellets try avoiding floating type! Coz ur ranchu will take in too much air while eating and as a result they wouldn't be able to swim straight! Haha just thou I'll share coz It happened to one of my lionhead too..

I bought the food from the same guy that sells Ranchu's. He told me this is the best for them. Mine seem to be fine when the suck in a bit of air. In fact they love swimming through my airstones and taking in the bubbles. Maybe they get a buzz from it...they seem to enjoy it.(y)

avonsurfernc said:
I bought the food from the same guy that sells Ranchu's. He told me this is the best for them. Mine seem to be fine when the suck in a bit of air. In fact they love swimming through my airstones and taking in the bubbles. Maybe they get a buzz from it...they seem to enjoy it.(y)

Cute fishies!

I have Moors, feed them floating pellets and they like swimming thru the bubbler too and on occasion take a mouthful of air swim around and blow bubbles, so the floating food is just fine IME.

Back
Top Bottom