My Loach killed my Shrimp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How large was the Bamboo Shrimp? Maybe the YoYo was eating after the shrimp already died?

the yoyo is about 5 to 6inches and the shrimp was about 2 to 3 inches and in front of my eye while i was observing the shrimp on the bottom roaming the yoyo came up to it and started to bite it, i tapped on the glass and it stun the shrimp to the point a few minutes later it died then they all came around to finish it off. the yoyo first bit took a piece of the shrimp right off. is this normal for loaches to eat this type of shrimp?

I have placed pieces of prawn in my tank with my Skunk Botais and they immediately started to tear it apart. It was not a small piece either but they didn't care. I have never been able to keep any kind of crustacean with my loaches, they even tried to eat my giant male Golden Mystery snal but couldn't get a good bite before it would close tight enough to protect itself.

Most Loaches tend to eat anything that doesn't move faster than they do. They are greedy little suckers.

the funny thing is that I have about 20 ghost shrimp and they wont mess with these guys only with the big and chunky guy lol

Back
Top Bottom