My New 90g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tcal01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well i bought this tank off of Craig's today for $150. It came with stand and Hood, two hob filters, 100lbs of some nice gravel, and a 48in dual bulb t5. Its right at the foot of my bed lol. Now for the questions. Was this a good deal (don't be afraid to say no :))? What is the best way to clean it (there is a lot of gunk and calcium build up)? I am looking to get rid of the two hobs, so what filter would you recommend for my setup? I need it to be energy efficient as well. I was looking at shrimp and fluval canisters but i ha e also heard that canisters are not very energy efficient so IM not sure where to look now

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120611_225820.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120611_225820.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 89
I don't know if they're energy efficient or not but canister filters work great imo. Also I still think it was a good deal imo.

Tcal01 said:
Well i bought this tank off of Craig's today for $150. It came with stand and Hood, two hob filters, 100lbs of some nice gravel, and a 48in dual bulb t5. Its right at the foot of my bed lol. Now for the questions. Was this a good deal (don't be afraid to say no :))? What is the best way to clean it (there is a lot of gunk and calcium build up)? I am looking to get rid of the two hobs, so what filter would you recommend for my setup? I need it to be energy efficient as well. I was looking at shrimp and fluval canisters but i ha e also heard that canisters are not very energy efficient so IM not sure where to look now

The only way it could be a bad deal is if it leaks or is heavily scratched. So.. That's a great deal, especially with a stand. I believe vinegar will clean it. Don't use soap or other chemicals. They can be harmful to future fish. Idk much about canisters, sorry. Hope this helps.

Yeah great deal! **** you got lucky! And yeah just scrub it with vinegar and I also dont know much about filters...

Thanks for all the responses everyone :) sorry for all the jealousy i caused :p the tank has not leaked and is not scratched at all. I was also thinking of using vinegar. Right now IM just soaking it by letting the Yank run with filters for 4-5 days. One hob is really noisy so i will be getting rid of it. The biowheel is done though. There is blue paint on the back of the tank bbut i want it black. What is the best way to remove the paint from the back of the tank

somethingsfishy said:
Get a putty knife or one of those tiny remover blade things( thats a technical term). And then it's grunt strength.

I used a razor blade. I worked pretty well but it definitely gave me a few blisters lol

Back
Top Bottom