My tank smells musty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jessicasfish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Earlier this week I had ich in my tank. And with the help of Google and my fish friend it'l was gone in less than 48hrs. Is he advised me...and Google did to do water changes for 4 days and add the medicine. I took the filter out to avoid it taking the meds away from the fish. So now in day 4 my tank smells musty. I doubt it's an over feeding issue I give them a pinch. It's a 55gallon tank with 2 parrot fish and 2 large glofish. My aquarium was established before this ick entered my life somehow, now I'm faced with a smelly tank. I have to drive like 70mi to the closest petstore so...any advice? I have a 30 gallon with an Oscar doing great wth! I don't think I should do another change I wonder if it's establishing itself....it's pretty cloudy too. Btw I bought my yanks around the same time and all I've had successfully before are 2 bettas...In 2 gallon tanks each those things are doing great. I also wonder of it's because the light is on too much...maybe I need to do 8hrs at a time like I do for my oscar...I'm confused and I don't want the fish to die.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

One tank at the time.
The 55 gallon, still has no filter? And what did you do with the filter when you removed it?

I got a new filter and a bunch of stuff at petsmart

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom