My temperature fluctuates a bunch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tristenvadv

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I'm having trouble keeping my tanks at a constant temperature. At night when the lights are of it gets about the right temperature then when the lights come on during the day I get home and the temp is almost 4 or 5 degrees warmer how can I regulate this. It only started doing this when it starting getting warmer outside and my heaters are as low as they can go

This isn't uncommon, especially in smaller tanks. As long as the temperature changes happen gradually rather than rapidly, and the the temperature isn't getting TOO high, your fish aren't in any danger. In the wild the water heats up during the day and cools off at night.
If you're still concerned, then you could always invest in a chiller.

84 is probably the upper limit, or close to it. How hot is the room that it's in? Is it possible that the heater is malfunctioning?

Not sure I'm going leave the window open and hope it helps

It sounds like your lights are putting off a lot of heat and are contributing to the issue. What type of lights do you have?
You might try reducing the time they are on.

Where do you live? What is your Daytime, outside temperature? Are you running the AC in your house during the day? Is your tank covered?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have goldfish outside in 70 gallons and their water fluctuates about 10-15 degrees within 24 hours. Your fish will likely be okay, but it sounds like lights to me.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom